Friday, January 13, 2012

A few pendants I love to wear

I have to admit that, as much as I love making large elaborate pieces, I would very rarely wear them. The ones I wear often are smaller and simpler. These are a few of my favorites, all of which I made a few years ago. The first and third are dichroic glass cabochons which I set in silver clay. The cabs were from a very talented American glass artist Donna Cason. The second one is a cloisonne enamel piece which I made from a copper base, with a black onyx cab set with silver bezel wire. I think it looks rather Art deco. These pieces have traveled with me to many places. Interestingly, I've been asked many times if the blue cab in the last one was opal. Anyhow, as you can see in the photos, I do like strong colours. Hope you like them and thanks for looking. :)

7 comments:

  1. beautiful setting of unusual cabochons:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello dear Caroline,
    Each of these pendants has its own charisma to the viewer.
    The processing is perfect and I admire your talents very much, because I only practice beadwork.
    Send you my best wishes for 2012, especially health.
    With best greetings:
    Uli

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Hannah and Uli,
    Thank you very much for your lovely comments. Wish you both a happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello C-buddy .. been so long and you go from Magnificence to MAGNIFICENCE!!! Not been on forum for a while. Have you? BJ looking for you. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your work. As always :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello H-buddy,
    Thanks for the comments and sorry for the late reply - I've just returned home from an overseas trip. You're so sweet, my friend! Hope to catch up with you soon. Thanks again! :)

    ReplyDelete