Sunday, February 19, 2012

An Orange Pendant to match my new clothes

I bought a few outfits recently in orange and/or blue colours, and decided to make a pendant to go with them. Blue has always been my favorite colour, but I don't wear orange very often. With Tangerine being the Pantone colour of the year, however, I'm seeing orange everywhere this season, and am liking it more and more. Anyhow, I've kept the design simple for everyday wear, and didn't string a necklace as I plan to wear it with chains of different lengths to suit the clothes. The main orange cabochon is cat's eye. The small blue "cab" below it is a translucent button - I didn't have a small cab in suitable colour, so I painted the back of a translucent button with acrylic paint, sealed it with DG3, and stuck a blue crystal at the front. I've included a couple of photos of me wearing it. Hope you like and thanks for looking.

9 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful Pendant,the colors fits perfectly to your new clothes.I like the colors very much.
    Many Greetings
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks and glad you like it, Marion. Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb pandantiv !!!!!!!
    Felicitari !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful - even your simple designs are just stunning - the dark blue and orange is a great colour combo
    Sonya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Felicitari and Sonya,
    Thank you both for leaving me such lovely comments. They're much appreciated. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Caroline,

    What a beautiful pendant! Simple enough to wear with a variety of outfits, but fancy enough to stand out. It's gorgeous. :)

    -- Sarah of Saturday Sequins

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful colorway :)
    Greetings,
    -Eva Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Eva Maria, for your wonderful comment. Much appreciated. :)

    ReplyDelete